Abstract Painting Essay
Step 6. ESSAY INSTRUCTIONS – Write an essay analysis (250 word minimum) on an abstract painting from a museum collection. Please include a properly cited image. There is an example of a properly cited image in the Discussion Board Essay Prompt from Week 1. Please check for spelling and grammar and save the document as a PDF. Consider the following ideas in your essay and remember, stating “I like it,” doesn’t tell me what you think about the painting!
1)The dominant color palette – are the colors warm or cool, complementary or analogous? Does the color influence how you feel about the painting?
2) Is the composition balanced or unbalanced? Do the formal elements, such as shape, line, and color, create patterns or a rhythm? What about the lines, do they guide you around the canvas? Are the sharp or squiggly?
3) What effect does the scale of the painting have upon the viewer?
4) What do YOU feel or think of when you view this image?
The song i chose is AeroSmith- I dont wanna Miss a thing.
I want to represent some nighttime vibes, and make it romantic with the flowers popping out with vibrant colors. I always felt such a deep connection with this song. My boyfriend broke some terrible news about him having a tumor and i remember going to a sunflower field picking him sunflowers, and he would always get me roses. So i just dont want to ever lose a moment without him in this world.
Ten words or ideas that came to mind when i listen to this song are:
3. Romantic great Vibes
5. Dont wanna miss a thing
6. No matter what id still miss you
7. Slow dance On a dancefloor
8. Reminisce on good times
10. Starry Night
I UPLOADED A PICTURE OF MY PAINTING AS WELL