Any topic (writer’s choice)
Write like you are a 15 years old girl who currently studying in a boarding military middle school and applying for high schools,
Imagine you are from China and just live in U.S for 2.5 years, and are still facing a lot of difficulties. However, these difficulties make you become more independent and diligent.
There are total of 5 essays, the first 4 can be around 150 words, the last one can be around 400 words
For the first 4 questions, you should write as much or as little as necessary to sufficiently answer the questions, however, it is recommended that you not exceed 250 words. For the 5th question, please keep your essay between 250-500 words.
1. What reading have you enjoyed most in the past year and why?
2. Describe an academic or extracurricular achievement of which you are most proud or a challenge you have faced. If you select an achievement, what did it take to accomplish this achievement? If you select a challenge, what did you learn from it and how did you overcome it?
3. Each person has a unique set of character skills they learn and develop over time. These characteristics affect the way they think, feel, and behave. Examples are things like initiative, open-mindedness, social awareness, and self-control. Take a moment to think about the character skills that make you who you are. Describe one of your character skills and a time or situation when that skill came in handy.
4. What are the reasons you want to attend an independent school? What do you believe you will contribute to a school community?
5. Please choose ONE of the essay prompts below.
Describe a person you admire or who has influenced you a great deal.
If you could spend the day with any 2 people- real or fictional, living or not, famous or not- who would those 2 people be and why would you choose them? How would you spend your day and what topics would you hope to talk about?
Explain the impact of an event or activity that has created a change in your life or in your way of thinking.
You have found a time-machine and traveled 40 years into the future where you are able to meet and interview your future self. What did you do in the years following high school? Where do you find yourself living in the future and what is your life like?
Imagine you are spending the weekend with your family in a location with ZERO technology- no phones, TV, computers, video, radio, etc. How will you spend your weekend? Describe some of the activities you will do to pass and enjoy the time.