Choose two research articles published by a scholarly (peer-reviewed) journal on a current health care issue in the United States, controversial or otherwise.
Suggested topics may include:
- A study of vaccinations and autism rates
- Maternal health, fetal health, or elder health
- Disease-based studies, such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease
- The increasing rates of caesarean sections in birthrates
- Managed health care in the United States
- Any of the leading Health Indicator topics (2020 LHI Topics) profiled in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Healthy People 2020 initiative website
Complete the attached "Article Comparison Table" to compare the two articles in terms of content, research methods, focus of the study, target audiences and subjects, and their possible impacts on the future of health care delivery.
Write a 500-750 words analysis that includes the following:
- A summary of the topic you chose with rationale. (This may have personal significance to you or it may be a topic of particular interest that you have seen in the news.)
- An explanation of the significance of the two research studies to health care delivery in the United States.
- A description of the major functions provided by research and data monitoring of health care delivery in the United States.
- Identification of potential environments within health care delivery appropriate to research and data monitoring.
- Your assessment of the impact of the studies in your chosen articles in regards to health care delivery, incorporating and expanding on the information you provided in Part One. Were the studies intended to change or influence health care delivery? If so, how? If not, what are the implications of each study for health care delivery?
- Your assessment of the role the allied health professional plays, or could play, in research and data monitoring of health care delivery in the United States.
Attach the "Article Comparison Table" to your written analysis and submit as one document.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.