What gives the federal government the authority to quarantine and impose health measures to prevent the spread of diseases?
2. What gives the state governments primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions?
3. Give examples of what state governments can do to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions?
4. Are emergency health laws the same in every state?
5. What is the significance of Gibbons v. Ogden in the pandemic?
6. What is the significance of Compagnie Francaise de Navigation a Vapeur v. Louisiana State Board of Health?
7. Based on the information in the ABA document, could the president declare a national quarantine?
8. What can the president clearly legally do in regards to a stay home order?
9.What do you believe public officials should do faced with people/businesses/organizations that do not follow public health directives?
10. Joe Biden has voiced support for a national mask mandate in his speech before the Democratic Convention. https://www.vox.com/2020/8/21/21395570/biden-dnc-national-face-mask-mandate
Do you believe that would be a good idea? Explain the basis of your answer.
Please do answer and question format