Eros and the Lizars
Dr. Hensley has asked you to write a 400-word summary and response to the
article. In your summary, be sure to clearly identify the articles thesis. In the response, you
should recommend to Dr. Hensley if she should include one of the sculptures from the article in
her exhibit. You should indicate whether you agree with Sorabellas thesis and provide support
for your position with evidence and arguments. What sort of evidence does Sorabella include for
her argument? Visual evidence? Textual evidence? Contextual evidence? You should also
include alternative views and explore support for those views. For example, if you think that Dr.
Hensely should include Figure 19.1, but not the other artworks, explore why she might want to
include at least one of the other artworks.
Format: Dr. Hensley prefers the following memo format:
1. A paragraph orienting Dr. Hensley to the purpose of the memo and summarizing your
2. One paragraph summarizing the article. Mention only the major points of the article.
3. Bullet points giving reasons in support of your recommendation.
4. Bullet points giving reasons opposing your recommendation.
5. A Works Cited page, using MLA formatting