Florida Department of Management Services
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 1: Florida Department of Management Services, Part I
Due Week 4 and worth 80 points
Read the case study titled “Florida Department of Management Services Part I” found at the end of Chapter 5. Refer to the DMS Website, located at http://www.dms.myflorida.com, for further reference.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the security mechanisms needed to protect the DMS systems from both state employees and users accessing over the Internet.
- Critique the transition process performed by the DMS in the case study. Then, recommend two (2) alternatives to the IP infrastructure or applications not already mentioned in the case study.
- Critique the merits of the major services found on the DMS Website.
- Recommend an additional service to add to the DMS Website.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast among local area and wide area network technologies and architectures.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in communication networks.
- Write clearly and concisely about communication networks using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.