Generic Types of Business Processes and it System
This Case Assignment focuses on understanding different levels of an organization and different classes of process. The discussion is one from a scholarly perspective, not from any given organization.
Paste these instructions on the cover page of your case paper, using a small font.
After reviewing the required reading for this module (and if you have time, the optional reading) write a 5-page paper addressing the following questions/topics:
1. What are at least three levels of an organization, regardless of structure?
2. Compare and contrast, according to Davenport (1993) and Dickenson (2003), the generic levels or types of processes (tasks or routines) within an organization.
3. According to Davenport and Short (1990), what types of organizational processes work within and across organizational boundaries?
4. According to Van de Ven and Delbecq (1974), what are the two dimensions that a process (task) may demonstrate?
5. According to Wijnberg, N.M., Van Den Ende, J., De Wit, O. (2002), what types of decisions are made at the three different levels of the organizations and how does IT enable these decisions (please use figure 1 in this document as a reference for discussion)?
6. Articulate the importance of the five basic components of a business process (IDEF0) according to business process engineers (why are these needed?); present and defend your opinion on what would happen if anyone is removed.
Submit a 5-page paper (excluding cover sheet and references, figures, sections with bullets, and tables) double spaced, no extra spaces, and 1-inch margins, that answers the questions using all of the required reading, and if possible the optional reading, and 1 to 3 outside references.
The paper will have a proper main heading stating the name of the class, module number, and title of the paper. The paper will also have an introduction that states the purpose of the paper and what will be answered, as well as section headings that guide the reader throughout the evolution of the discussion.
Quotations should only be used for definitions so that the student can demonstrate the ability to synthesize and articulate knowledge from the required readings.
All assertions and key discussion points are properly cited using APA format. In other words, any sentence or paragraph that contains material derived or synthesized from the background reading or other sources will be cited. References are in APA format. All references are cited at least once