Human Resources Management Assignment
Unit 3 Assignment
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Explain the various classifications of rewards
• Describe competency- based compensation programs
• Define the goal of a compensation administration
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
HA530-4: Research compensation and benefits options within the healthcare industry.
For this Assignment you will need to conduct an interview with a compensation specialist in any health care setting. Give a brief description of the health care setting and the person you interviewed for this Assignment. During the interview utilize at a minimum the questions below. Provide additional substantive information related to the topic. You will summarize your results in a written report 3–5 pages in length, not including the Cover Page and References. APA format applies. See the Kaplan Writing center for APA links. Submit the assignment through the course Dropbox.
You may also interview managers that do not have a compensation specialist in their health care setting. Questions to include:
• How do you determine wages and salary levels for your employees?
• How do you ensure that the pay you offer is adequate to attract the types of employees you need?
• How do you ensure that pay is perceived as fair?
• Do job applicants or employees ever negotiate for pay?
• How do you handle the negotiation process?
• Do you ever pay hiring bonuses?
• Have you ever thought of changing pay systems? Why?
• Do you offer any incentives to your employees?
• What are they and how do they work?
Identify a position you would be interested within your career goal. Locate the salary information for this position and contrast it within a geographic location or within various healthcare settings. You may contract professional associations, check out websites, review employment ads, check out the University Career Center, or call compensation specialists at companies that hire health care staff.
Submit to the correct dropbox.
Unit 3 Assignment Grading Rubric = 120 points
Assignment Requirements Points possible
Points earned by student
Interview a compensation specialist (Include a brief description of the health care setting and the person interviewed for this Assignment.)
Interview questions targeted compensation (use the minimum questions provided.
Identification of a position and research containing salary information contrasted by geographic region and / or various healthcare settings.
Total (Sum of all points) 120
Points deducted for spelling, grammar, and / or APA errors.
Adjusted total points
Do you need a similar essay? Click order now and get a special offer- up to 15% discounts!!!