Information Systems for Decision-Making
(REVIEW ADDITIONAL ESSAYS)
Congratulations. Your project has been staffed and you are about to meet with the team for the first time.
Initial impressions are important and youll need visuals for your presentation. Create a slide show (in
PowerPoint or similar software) in which you address the following, in this order:
1. Goals: What the project hopes to accomplish.
2. Critical Success Factors: Identify at least 4 different stakeholders; for each, list at least 2 things
that the stakeholder requires in order to deem the project successful.
3. Acquisition strategy: Should the system be built in-house, created by a contractor, purchased offthe-shelf and customized, or leased as a service? Explain your rationale.
4. Resources: For in-house development, what people/skills are required and what development
lifecycle do you recommend? Otherwise, identify 3 candidate organizations that can deliver the
5. System functions: In a table format, summarize the types of users for the system; the business
reason(s) each would use the system; the ways that the system supports each of these needs;
and how this support differs from the current system.
6. Connectivity: Provide a diagram that shows how the system will connect to the other information
systems and what data flows among them.
7. Security: List the most serious cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities of the new system.
Suggest strategies to address them.
8. Mobility: Identify the systems capabilities for mobile use.
Include a title and summary slide. Use one slide for each of the 8 points above. Include speaker notes or audio narration that explains each slide more fully.