The Internet and World Wide Web (WWW) were originally two separate and distinct systems. The terms are interchangeable today. The readings and links will provide you with an invaluable historical overview. Familiarity with the people, mechanisms, and timeline of innovations will illustrate the overall development and merger into one universal concept.
Using the textbook, Internet, and Library for research, write 1–2 pages about the development of the Internet and the World Wide Web. Create a new paragraph to answer each of the following questions:
- Identify and describe the changes in business communications that have resulted from the transition from paper to the electronic medium.
- Describe how the demand for "always available" Internet connectivity has impacted business.
- Describe how the Internet contributed to the concept of globalization (the fact that geography no longer really matters) in business.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message. Use spell check in Word to confirm spelling and grammar.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length of paper: Write 1–2 pages, double spaced.