Lab Assignment 4 (Week 7): Redistricting and Gerrymandering
Lab/Writing Assignment Prompt:
Discuss the impact redistricting and gerrymandering have on Mexican Americans and Latino political power. Discuss the past, present, and future implications of redistricting and gerrymandering on Mexican American political power in Texas.
Students must respond to all parts of the lab assignment prompt and refrain from including personal stories and/or experiences. Students must use the required readings, textbooks, journal articles, lecture notes, and films to complete this assignment. Students can only use ONE external source (exceptions listed below) for this assignment. The external source must serve the purpose of enhancing the information/arguments discussed in your paper and cannot serve as the overarching dominate source for your paper.
The writing assignment must be typed in Times New Roman, size 12-font, and double-spaced. The completed assignment must be a minimum of 2 full pages (not to exceed 3 pages). Students must include a cover page that includes their name, course number, date, and lab/writing assignment number (hence: this is lab assignment 4). Do not include your name, course number, date, headings, etc. on any other page except the cover page. A reference page must be included in this lab assignment. The reference page must include all sources used to respond to the lab assignment. All sources must be correctly cited using either MLA or APA format. Submit the cover page, body of work, and reference page as one complete document. Do not submit your paper in parts. Points will be deducted for failure to adhere to any of these requirements and no late lab assignments will be accepted.
Additional Information and Reminders:
· Students may not use sources such as: Wikipedia, yahoo answers, and the like when responding to this lab assignment.
· Utilize the reading material as well as supplemental readings and films when responding to the lab assignment.
· No more than 5 lines of quoted material can be used throughout the lab assignment. Students must properly cite all quoted material and include a list of references used to write the essay. All other material must be properly paraphrased.
· Where necessary, students are to use in-text citations using APA or MLA format. Your paper should have internal parenthetical citations (e.g. Smith, 2010) for all facts, ideas, or information that are not original to you. The “Library” tab in your cougarweb account can assist in the proper usage of APA citation style. In addition, Collin College’s Writing Center is another helpful resource.
· Lab assignment essays must be at least two (2) full pages in length discussing substantive, detailed information about the subject matter. Students must incorporate in their essay information from the weekly readings.
· Use standard one-inch margins and do not include excessive spacing between paragraphs.
· This is not an essay about a student's opinion and/or personal experiences, but a substantive discussion over a particular subject matter. Essays with an excessive discussion of personal opinions and/or experiences or essays that do not include a substantive discussion of the subject matter will be return without a grade.
Need a similar essay? Click Order now and claim a special bonus- 14% Off! High-Quality Essays at affordable prices!