Objective: Students will apply memory strategies to a personal/school/life situation
1. Imagine that one of your best friends is struggling with his classes. He aspires to graduate in exercise science and go on to earn a degree in occupational therapy, but he failed his first two chemistry exams. Hes feeling nervous about his performance and comes to you for advice. During your discussion, you learn that:
– he gets easily frustrated while working on chemistry problems after approaching them the way he has always approached problems in his other classes
– he is sleeping less than five hours a night
– he works on chemistry homework every Tuesday and Thursday night, but not on other days
– he always keeps his phone on vibrate to check if he gets messages while he studies
– he usually studies by re-reading the chapter
– he pulls all-nighters before exams
2. Based on this conversation, write an email to your friend (minimum of 200 words), explaining to him why his studying habits are ineffective and what steps he might take to improve his learning.
Include appropriate vocabulary from this lesson on memory.
MINIMUM OF 200 WORDS PLEASE.
Thank you in advance..