Hello, this assignment is a powerpoint presentation consisting of a total of 14 slides including reference. The instructions calls for 10-15 slides. I included some extra in case you need it for more information. I am open to any of the topics mentioned on the list.
The title/topic of this assignment is: Adolescent Health Risk Seminar
For this assignment, you will develop and deliver a 1015 minute seminar/workshop aimed at the teen or young adult audience on a specific health risk associated with the population.
1. Choose a health risk associated with adolescence. Some categories to consider may include:
Substance use and abuse
Motor vehicle crashes
Sexually transmitted disease
Mental health issues
Nutrition and fitness
2. As the health care advocate, you will present the following to the target audience (adolescents or young adults)in 10-15 slides or screens:
An overview of the risk factor
Prevalence of the health risk (meaningful data)
Explain your role with the issue as a health care practitioner/advocate
Ways to identify a problem and address the issue
Present an activity or project or exercise for the audience to engage in related to the topic
Help and support resources
3. In your research materials, incorporate 34 current sources with one containing the most current statistics.
4. Use age-appropriate creativity to ensure the message gets across to the selected audience. As you plan your seminar, consider:
How will you initiate a conversation (rather than give a lecture)?
How will you keep the attention and respect of this audience?
5. Use APA for citing and referencing your sources.
6. Keep your design and audio appropriate to the audience, yet professional. Your presentation must include both audio and visual components and be professional in nature.