Organisational Behaviour theory
MGT1OBE_MGT2OBE Organisational Behaviour
Assessment Task 2: Individual Assignment
This assignment provides you with an opportunity to explore the topic of personality and engage with Organisational Behaviour literature.
This assignment requires you to do research. Your task is to draw on Organisational Behaviour theory to critically analyse the topic of personality. Your essay should have the following sections:
1. Introduction. State the topic of the essay, what you will be arguing, and how you have structured the essay.
2. Identify and discuss the “Big Five” personality dimensions. Engage with OB theory and literature to identify and discuss the Big Five personality dimensions. Use examples to clarify/support the discussion. Use Organisational Behaviour concepts, theory and frameworks in addressing this section.
3. Utilise the theory of the Big Five personality dimensions and identify performance improvement areas.
Based on the Big Five personality test conducted in your workshops (Weeks 1, 2 & 3) and results (must be agreed by Workshop Facilitator), identify two areas for self-improvement that may enhance your academic or work-related performance. Please use your personality assessment and Organisational Behaviour theories to logically explain and reach a conclusion.
4. Conclusion. Summarise key points made in the essay.
5. Reference list. You need to use the APA 6 referencing style.
Please include copies of the Big Five personality questionnaire and score with your Assessment 2. You can attach a pdf or a photo image; however, the attachment must be legible and approved by your Workshop Facilitator.
As a general guide, sections 2 and 3 should be roughly equal in word count. The introduction and conclusion section should account for approximately 10% of the word count.
You MUST consult and reference a minimum of four (4) academic articles and two (2) books (of which one can be the recommend textbook, Wood et al, 2019) to support your analysis.
We recommend you consider the following publications to identify relevant articles: Journal of Organizational Behavior, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, British Journal of Management, Human Relations, Journal of Management, Leadership Quarterly, Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review.
Length: Weighting: Due date: Submission: Format:
A maximum of 1,000 words (+/- 10%) (Reference list is excluded from the word count) 20% of your total mark.
Sunday ending Week 6 by 11:55pm
Submit via the LMS. Hard copies are NOT required
The document should be written as a clear, concise essay. It is important that your essay has a logical structure, and makes use of relevant subheadings where appropriate. Ensure coherent writing and avoid grammatical and spelling mistakes. For reading (and marking) ease please use a 12-point Calibri font with 2x spacing. Please refer to the LMS for marking criteria. Students are advised to consult the marking guide before commencing their assessment piece.