Requirements: 7 pages maximum (not including title page or works cited section). 12-point font, double-spaced.
Format: Introduction, Body (including supporting evidence), Conclusion
Instructions: Following the approaches presented in class, write a research paper that incorporates ONE of the following into your thesis statement:
Party discipline should be relaxed in Canada.
Party discipline should not be relaxed in Canada.
You will need to develop your own thesis sentence for the first paragraph. The paper should include at least two subtopics with evidence and arguments to support your thesis statement.
Conduct original research, using book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed academic journals. Do not rely on internet sites as sources.
Wikipedia is a good place to start, but please don't cite Wikipedia in academic papers.
This paper has several requirements. They are:
- Quality thesis sentences (as specified in last semester’s tutorials);
- Overall structure of the paper makes sense;
- Each paragraph points back to and relates to the thesis sentence;
- All paragraphs must have a clearly identifiable topic sentence;
- Paragraphs cannot have more than 5-6 sentences;
- Well-proofed, absolutely no typos or phrasing issues;
- At least 5 peer-reviewed academic sources (either journal articles or chapters in edited volumes), in addition to non-peer-reviewed sources.