Select an event, incident, a legislative action, or related marked historical moment in the years up until the American Civil War
1. You will need to use at least two (2) primary sources for your research topic. (See below for definitions of a primary source)
2. You will need to use at least three (3) secondary sources for your research topic. (See below for definitions of a secondary source). Preference is for academic articles found in scholarly journals. Online sources must be pre-approved by your instructor before use within your paper.
3. Your textbook cannot be used as a source, as it is a tertiary source.
4. You will also need to find at least one image that is relevant to your research topic. This image can be either a primary or secondary source, although a primary source image is preferred.
5. If you are using a secondary source image, it should be an image that is created for academic purposes to help support your research (a modern map, etc).
1. Your essay should be a minimum of 1000 words. This word count does not include any cover sheet wording, your footnotes/endnotes, or your works cited/bibliography page.
2. Your essay must be formatted using 1 margins for all margins (top, bottom, left and right).
3. Your essay should be typed using 12pt. Times New Roman font.
4. Your essay needs to be double-spaced.