There are questions pertaining to different articles. Questions are below with the associate articles attached. Please bold each question with the response below.
Case Study: Race To The South Pole
1. What was it about Amundsen that enabled success, while Scott’s Terra Nova expedition led to the deaths of Scott and several of his team members?
2. Briefly compare and contrast the three leadership styles of Scott, Shackleton and Amundsen.
Case Study: Leadership in Crisis: Ernest Shackleton and the Epic Voyage of the Endurance
1. What were some of the specific leadership actions that Shackleton took to ensure the survival of his crew and/or keep morale high in incredibly challenging circumstances?
1. The answer to this question should be more detailed than your answer to the Race to the South Pole question (given the Ernest Shackleton case contains much more detail)
Case Study: Tank in a Bog (A)
1. What should the Lieutenant say to Sergeant Frye?
1. What were your overall takeaways from these readings?
2. What would your list of leadership principles be?
1. Feel free to use any of the leadership principles in the readings provided (although you are not required to – just don’t feel you have to re-invent the wheel).