Write a [paragraph response] that explains how Krimsky continues to structure his essay to persuade readers of the vital role of free media within a democracy.
go to page 197, where you will take another look at Krimsky’s article “The Role of the Media in a Democracy.” After you review the article, skip down to page 203. You will see a section titled “Explain How an Argument Persuades.” I have pasted this section below, with some edits and additions I’ve included to hopefully assist you. Read all of what follows.
“Krimsky begins his essay by defining terminology and revisiting some historical and key ideas about the founding of the U.S. government. Write a [paragraph response] that explains how Krimsky continues to structure his essay to persuade readers of the vital role of free media within a democracy. How effective is this structure in conveying Krimskys ideas in a convincing way? Be sure to:
1. Use diction and precise language that maintain an objective tone as you describe Krimskys structure. (Integrate Unit 3 vocabulary or any other vocabulary word from a previous list.)
2. Employ logical organization as you build an explanation of how Krimskys ideas progress. (Think about introducing what you think Krimsky’s purpose is for writing the article, and why writing the article is important to democracy. Then move to presenting evidence to support these points. End your response by reinforcing how the structure helps Krimsky convey ideas and achieve his purpose.)
3. Develop your explanation by citing significant and relevant quotations, making sure not to introduce errors of fact or understanding.
Your response must include:
– Introduction (at least one sentence, and can be the same as your Thesis Statement)
– Thesis Statement
– At least ONE body paragraph that includes: specific EVIDENCE (TWO quotations) and commentary that EXPLAINS how the evidence proves how effective Krimsky’s structure is in conveying ideas in a convincing way (AT LEAST TWO SENTENCES OF COMMENTARY PER QUOTATION)
– At least ONE vocabulary word from the Unit 3 List (bold the word/s in the document)